Inscription IGBulg 904 could represent the preserved upper part of this monument.
The inscription belongs to the joint rule of Marcus Aurelius and Lucius Verus. A more precise date is provided by the title Armeniacus which Lucius Verus took in the autumn of AD 163, and Marcus Aurelius in the first half of AD 164; there is no mention of the two emperors' later titles Medicus (accepted by both in mid-166) and Parthicus Maximus (accepted by Verus in August or September 165, and by Marcus Aurelius - in mid-166).
Artemisias was one of the ten phylai (tribes, administrative districts) in Roman Philippopolis, attested also in IGBulg 903; IGBulg 1445; IGBulg 5397; IGBulg 5437. On the tribe and its officials, see the comment to inscription IGBulg 5397.
The names of the two former priests of the tribe follow the Greek onomastic pattern with a given name and a patronymic, while the legal representative Alfius Posidonius and the curator Flavius Eudaemon were Roman citizens with a Roman gentilicium and a Greek cognomen; Flavius Eudaemon bears an additional, unofficial name, Flavianus, apparently derived from his Roman nomen Flavius. The priest Philiscus has a Greek given name, while his brother Gaius and their father Marcus use Roman praenomina as single names. Alfius Posidonius, with a full name Gaius Alfius Posidonius, is attested as a legal representative (ἔκδικος) of the Artemisias tribe in IGBulg 903, an inscription about the dedication of seats in a building belonging to the tribe; his name is also restored in a fragment from an inscription with identical text, IGBulg 5433. The same two inscriptions, IGBulg 903 and 5433, attest the curator Flavius Eudaemon named also Flavianus; his name can also be restored in IGBulg 5437, a small fragment mentioning the Artemisias tribe.